Garforth Autism Awareness Training Interest Form
The Jigsaw Tree is a constituted community group based in Leeds, which supports families of children with Autism Spectrum Conditions. The group was established in 2013 and now supports upward of 250 families in the Garforth, Leeds and surrounding areas.
One of our aims is to raise autism awareness and acceptance in the local community. With help from the Tesco ‘Groundwork’ scheme, we are in a position to offer autism awareness training to local, customer facing businesses. Having an autism friendly Garforth will make visiting local business both more accessible and a more positive experience for the families we support. This will increase custom to local businesses as people with an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and their families will feel more confident to explore their local community.
The Jigsaw Tree will be offering free autism awareness training to a number of businesses in the Garforth area that fall in to one of the following categories:
- Beauty /Hair/Opticians/Dentists
- Groups/Clubs/Activity Centres
Training will be available for 2 members of staff from each business. The course lasts around 1.5 hours and will run locally from aprox. 17:30 (dates/details tbc)
Training will help businesses:
- Understand what autism is.
- Understand how autism affects people, especially in relation to your type of business.
- How to make small, free adjustments to accommodate someone with autism.
On completion of the autism awareness course, we will provide:
- A certificate of completion for attendees
- Materials to display to indicate that the business is ‘Autism Aware’.
- Training materials that can be used to develop autism awareness with other staff members who have not attended the course.